1. Qur’an Reading Competition – One of the main events during the Ramadan 2013 celebration. The aim of this competition is to showcase the talents of the Bangsamoro in Qur’an reading and exhibition. In addition, this competition aims to communicate the messages written in the Holy Qur’an.
2. Adopt-a Mosque – Each ARMM Line Agencies will sponsor their chosen Mosque within the ARMM area. The Agency/ office will adopt a mosque by providing necessary repair, repainting or provision for lighting, electric fans and the like. They will also sponsor Iftar offering to the mosque. Also open to non-government organizations.
3. Trade and Food Exhibit (July 9-August 8, 2013) – A trade and food exhibit will be launched within the ARMM Complex, which comprises of 80 plus booths showcasing various local products and items that are unique to the ARMM provinces. A product demonstration area will be located at the Big Tent to provide inter-activities for guests and participants.
4. Daily Iftar Offering (Breaking of the Fast) – Various government agencies and NGO’s will be sponsoring Iftar offerings at sunset in the ARMM Complex after prayers in the Blue Mosque and other selected mosque’s.
5. Gift-giving – Gift giving programs will be held in the ARMM Complex for young children and for the indigent. Programs for young children include the distribution of books and religious materials as well as educational toys, while programs for the indigent include the distribution of grocery items, clothing and others.
6. Islamic Symposiums – Throughout the Holy Month of Ramadan, various agencies will conduct Islamic symposiums that discuss issues facing Muslims today. These events will be held in ARMM Complex, Cotabato City.
7. Lantern Competition and Inter-Agency Beautification Competition – Inter-agency competitions will be held in the ARMM Complex on (1) best Islamic lantern display and (2) cleanliness and beautification of agency office/building. We also enjoin the NGO’s, private and business sectors to display their own lanterns within the ARMM compound to set a brighter and festive mood.
8. The Eid’l Fitr Festivities – The Eid’l Fitr celebrations in the ARMM Complex, Cotabato City will include the Eid’l Fitr Congregational Prayer, Fireworks display, Grand Kanduli, Pagana, Regional Food Festival as well as Cultural Presentation program where our Moro culture will take center stage.
For more details and queries. Please feel free to visit the DOT-ARMM Regional Office at the ARMM compound or call us at telephone number (064) 3905145, (mobile number) 09275593392. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.